Whether you’re a business owner or homeowner, there are many advantages to having your asphalt driveway or parking areas sealcoated. If you stop and think about it, caring for your driveway is like painting your home or office building. It should be done every two years to ensure maintaining its appearance and extending its life. At Indresano Landscaping, we specialize in asphalt driveway sealcoating. You can always rely on our company for professional service and to use the highest quality materials available.
When working with our sealcoating specialists, you can be assured of the following:
- Although we are a large company, but we are still small enough to provide the personal touch.
- We perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance that can extend the life of your driveway or parking surfaces and save you thousands in replacement costs.
- We utilize the highest quality equipment, materials, and products in order to provide you with the best results.
- We work around your schedule, so you and your family or customers experience little if any inconvenience.
When sealcoating your driveway, we apply a liquid product that fills small cracks and seals the surface. This will protect the asphalt against all types of weather. If left unsealed, the surface is exposed to sunlight, water, and wind which will cause the surface to harden and oxidize. As the surface becomes increasingly more brittle, it will start to crack over time and be seriously damaged if it isn’t resealed on a regular basis.
Types of Sealcoating
Indresano Landscaping offers two types of sealcoating – asphalt emulsion coatings and coal tar sealers. While coal tar sealers are less expensive, a larger amount must be applied. If chemicals and fuels are a concern, we recommend resealing your driveway or parking areas with a coal tar sealer. On the other hand, asphalt emulsion sealers emit fewer VOC’s (volatile organic compounds) and is much easier to apply than coal-tar-based re-sealers.
There are two other types of sealcoating to be aware of. The first is an acrylic sealer and the other is a quick drying sealer. Acrylic sealers are eco-friendly and pose fewer risks to the people who work with it. However, acrylic they are costlier. Fast-drying sealers are ready for foot traffic in an hour while vehicle traffic needs 24-hours. These Indresano Landscaping options keep downtime to a minimum. This is especially beneficial for office complexes and retail centers where parking is crucial.
Advantages of Sealcoating
Maintaining asphalt driveways and parking areas can save property owners thousands of dollars in replacement and resurfacing costs. The easiest way to extend the life of these surfaces is by resealing them on a regular basis. Compared to the cost of repairs or replacement, sealcoating is an easy, inexpensive fix. Sealcoating is a preventative measure, but more importantly, it can double the life of the surface it’s applied to. There are some additional advantages to sealcoating as follows:
- Aesthetics– your driveway is a major focal point of your property and sealcoating it on a regular basis will have it looking good year-round.
- Contaminant protection– oil and other petroleum products can eat away at the surface of your driveway or parking areas.
- Cost-effectiveness– depending on the cost of crude oil, asphalt can get pretty pricey. If your driveway is not extensively damaged, sealcoating it could save you a bundle in the long run.
- Durability– because of its flexibility in the hot sun, you could be adding years to the life of your driveway or parking areas.
- Easy maintenance– Indresano Landscaping sealcoating services are affordable. Not only that, cleaning and maintenance are much easier.
- Sun Protection– believe it or not, the sun’s UV rays can be just as damaging to your driveway as it can your skin.
- Weatherproof– sealcoating protects asphalt driveways and parking areas against the elements (ice, rain, and snow), thereby slowing down the damage process.